This document is an electronic record in terms of Information Technology Act, 2000 and rules there under as applicable and the amended provisions pertaining to electronic records in various statutes as amended by the Information Technology Act, 2000. This electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures.
The brand “TheOfficeWalk®” and the domain name “www.theofficewalk.com” (hereinafter referred to as "Website") is owned and operated by August Alliance Retail Private Limited, a company incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956 with its registered office at 216, Ground Floor, Mandakini Enclave, New Delhi-16 (hereinafter referred to as “August Alliance”). The website allows you to browse, select and purchase Clothing and Accessories (“Goods” or “Products” or “Services”).
Use of the Website is available only to persons who can form legally binding contracts under Indian Contract Act, 1872. Persons who are "incompetent to contract" within the meaning of the Indian Contract Act, 1872 including minors, un-discharged insolvents etc. are not eligible to use the Website. If you are a minor i.e. under the age of 18 years, you shall not register as a User of the August Alliance website and shall not transact on or use the website. As a minor if you wish to use or transact on website, such use or transaction may be made by your legal guardian or parents on the Website. August Alliance reserves the right to terminate your membership and / or refuse to provide you with access to the Website if it is brought to August Alliance’s notice or if it is discovered that you are under the age of 18 years.
Your Account and Registration Obligations
When You use the Website or send emails or other data, information or communication to us, You agree and understand that You are communicating with Us through electronic records and You consent to receive communications via electronic records from Us periodically and as and when required. We may communicate with you by email or by such other mode of communication, electronic or otherwise.
Membership on the Website is free for buyers. AUGUST ALLIANCE does not charge any fee for browsing and buying on the Website. AUGUST ALLIANCE reserves the right to change its Fee Policy from time to time. In particular, AUGUST ALLIANCE may at its sole discretion introduce new services and modify some or all of the existing services offered on the Website. In such an event AUGUST ALLIANCE reserves the right to introduce fees for the new services offered or amend/introduce fees for existing services, as the case may be. Changes to the Fee Policy shall be posted on the Website and such changes shall automatically become effective immediately after they are posted on the Website. Unless otherwise stated, all fees shall be quoted in Indian Rupees. You shall be solely responsible for compliance of all applicable laws including those in India for making payments to August Alliance Retail Private Limited.
Use of the Website
You agree, undertake and confirm that Your use of Website shall be strictly governed by the following binding principles:
- You shall not host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information which:
- belongs to another person and to which You do not have any right to;
- is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, paedophilic, libellous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever; or unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing including but not limited to "indecent representation of women" within the meaning of the Indecent Representation of Women (Prohibition) Act, 1986;
- is misleading in any way;
- is patently offensive to the online community, such as sexually explicit content, or content that promotes obscenity, paedophilia, racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- involves the transmission of "junk mail”, "chain letters”, or unsolicited mass mailing or "spamming";
- promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libellous;
- infringes upon or violates any third party's rights [including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, rights of privacy (including without limitation unauthorized disclosure of a person's name, email address, physical address or phone number) or rights of publicity];
- promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work (see "Copyright complaint" below for instructions on how to lodge a complaint about uploaded copyrighted material), such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- contains restricted or password-only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- provides material that exploits people in a sexual, violent or otherwise inappropriate manner or solicits personal information from anyone;
- provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- contains video, photographs, or images of another person (with a minor or an adult).
- tries to gain unauthorized access or exceeds the scope of authorized access to the Website or to profiles, blogs, communities, account information, bulletins, friend request, or other areas of the Website or solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users;
- solicits gambling or engages in any gambling activity which We, in Our sole discretion, believes is or could be construed as being illegal;
- interferes with another USER's use and enjoyment of the Website or any other individual's User and enjoyment of similar services;
- harm minors in any way;
- infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights or third party’s trade secrets or rights of publicity or privacy or shall not be fraudulent or involve the sale of counterfeit or stolen products;
- deceives or misleads the addressee/ users about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature;
- impersonate another person;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource; or contains any trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, easter eggs or other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, diminish value of, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
- violate any code of conduct or other guidelines, which may be applicable for or to any particular Service;
- violate any applicable laws or regulations for the time being in force in or outside India;
- violate any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement or any other terms and conditions for the use of the Website contained elsewhere herein.
- threatens the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other nation.
- is false, inaccurate or misleading;
- directly or indirectly, offer, attempt to offer, trade or attempt to trade in any item, the dealing of which is prohibited or restricted in any manner under the provisions of any applicable law, rule, regulation or guideline for the time being in force.
- creates liability for Us or cause Us to lose (in whole or in part) the services of Our internet service provider (“ISPs”) or other suppliers;
- You shall not use any “deep-link”, “page-scrape”, “robot”, “spider” or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of the Website or any Content, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Website or any Content, to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through the Website. We reserve Our right to bar any such activity.
- You shall not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of the Website, or any other systems or networks connected to the Website or to any server, computer, network, or to any of the services offered on or through the Website, by hacking, password “mining” or any other illegitimate means.
- You shall not probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Website or any network connected to the Website nor breach the security or authentication measures on the Website or any network connected to the Website. You may not reverse look-up, trace or seek to trace any information on any other User of or visitor to Website, or any other customer, including any account on the Website not owned by You, to its source, or exploit the Website or any service or information made available or offered by or through the Website, in any way where the purpose is to reveal any information, including but not limited to personal identification or information, other than Your own information, as provided for by the Website.
- You shall not make any negative, denigrating or defamatory statement(s) or comment(s) about Us or the brand name or domain name used by Us including the terms August Alliance, www.Theofficewalk.com, or otherwise engage in any conduct or action that might tarnish the image or reputation, of August Alliance or otherwise tarnish or dilute any August Alliance’s trade or service marks, trade name and/or goodwill associated with such trade or service marks, trade name as may be owned or used by us. You agree that You will not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of the Website or August Alliance’s systems or networks, or any systems or networks connected to August Alliance.
- You agree not to use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website or any transaction being conducted on the Website, or with any other person’s use of the Website.
- You may not forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message or transmittal You send to Us on or through the Website or any service offered on or through the Website. You may not pretend that You are, or that You represent, someone else, or impersonate any other individual or entity.
- You shall at all times ensure full compliance with the applicable provisions of the Information Technology Act, 2000 and rules thereunder as applicable and as amended from time to time and also all applicable Domestic laws, rules and regulations (including the provisions of any applicable Exchange Control Laws or Regulations in Force) and International Laws, Foreign Exchange Laws, Statutes, Ordinances and Regulations (including, but not limited to Sales Tax/VAT, Income Tax, Octroi, Service Tax, Central Excise, Custom Duty, Local Levies) regarding Your use of Our service and Your listing, purchase, solicitation of offers to purchase, and sale of products or services. You shall not engage in any transaction in an item or service, which is prohibited by the provisions of any applicable law including exchange control laws or regulations for the time being in force.
- From time to time, You shall be responsible for providing information relating to the products or services proposed to be sold by You. In this connection, You undertake that all such information shall be accurate in all respects. You shall not exaggerate or over emphasize the attributes of such products or services so as to mislead other Users in any manner.
- Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through the Website, including payment and delivery of related products or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between You and such advertiser. We shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on the Website.
- It is possible that other users (including unauthorized users or “hackers”) may post or transmit offensive or obscene materials on the Website and that You may be involuntarily exposed to such offensive and obscene materials. It also is possible for others to obtain personal information about You due to your use of the Website, and that the recipient may use such information to harass or injure You. We does not approve of such unauthorized uses, but by using the Website You acknowledge and agree that We are not responsible for the use of any personal information that You publicly disclose or share with others on the Website. Please carefully select the type of information that You publicly disclose or share with others on the Website.
- August Alliance shall have all the rights to take necessary action and claim damages that may occur due to your involvement/participation in any way on your own or through group/s of people, intentionally or unintentionally in DoS/DDoS (Distributed Denial of Services).
Contents Posted on Site
- Unless otherwise indicated or anything contained to the contrary or any proprietary material owned by a third party and so expressly mentioned, August Alliance owns all Intellectual Property Rights to and into the Website, including, without limitation, any and all rights, title and interest in and to copyright, related rights, patents, utility models, trademarks, trade names, service marks, designs, know-how, trade secrets and inventions (whether patentable or not), goodwill, source code, meta tags, databases, text, content, graphics, icons, and hyperlinks. You acknowledge and agree that you shall not use, reproduce or distribute any content from the Website belonging to August Alliance without obtaining authorization from August Alliance.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, it is expressly clarified that you will retain ownership and shall solely be responsible for any content that you provide or upload when using any Service, including any text, data, information, images, photographs, music, sound, video or any other material which you may upload, transmit or store when making use of our various Service. However, with regard to the product customization Service (as against other Services like blogs and forums) you expressly agree that by uploading and posting content on to the Website for public viewing and reproduction/use of your content by third party users, you accept the User whereby you grant a non-exclusive license for the use of the same.
You may use information on the products and services purposely made available on the Website for downloading, provided that You (1) do not remove any proprietary notice language in all copies of such documents, (2) use such information only for your personal, non-commercial informational purpose and do not copy or post such information on any networked computer or broadcast it in any media, (3) make no modifications to any such information, and (4) do not make any additional representations or warranties relating to such documents.
No Compensation Policy:
If the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the Website did not meet your expectations, no compensation will be given other than the Return and refund or Exchange of the product. The customer cannot request compensation for any reason, including but not limited to: any variation in the finish or appearance of the final product; any delay in delivery caused by unforeseen circumstances; any special, incidental, indirect or consequential damage of any kind caused by a product; missed opportunities to avail certain discounts; any issue with our Delivery partners or their personnel; any voucher which got deactivated due to the end of expiry date; unavailability of items which the customer tried to purchase etc. Unreasonable and unlawful requests for compensation, over and above the entitled refund, will be treated as loss to business cases. August Alliance holds the rights to cancel orders and block accounts of such customers without any prior notice.
Exactness Not Guaranteed:
August Alliance hereby disclaims any guarantees of exactness as to the finish and appearance of the final Product as ordered by the user. Actual product colours may vary from colours shown on your monitor. The quality of any products, Services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the Website may not meet your expectations. Alterations to certain aspects of your order such as the merchandise brand, size, colour etc. may be required due to but not limited to availability at the time of shipping the order. In this instance you agree that a representative from the website will call you or send an approval request via the email address which you submitted when placing your order. If you do not agree with the requested change you retain the right to reject the requested production change by replying to it within 10 days of it being sent to you. August Alliance may re-request that you accept a production alteration one additional time if an alternative method to send your merchandise is available. If you reject this 2nd request your order will be cancelled and you will be fully refunded via your initial method of payment.
You will be required to enter a valid phone number and email address while placing an order on the Website. By registering Your phone number and email addresss with us, You consent to be contacted by Us via phone calls and/or SMS notifications and/or email, in case of any order or shipment or delivery related updates. We will not use your personal information to initiate any promotional phone calls or SMS.
Other Businesses/ Third party Links
August Alliance does not take responsibility or liability for the actions, products, content and services on the Website, which are linked to Affiliates and / or third party websites using Website’s APIs or otherwise. In addition, the Website may provide links to the third party websites of Our affiliated companies and certain other businesses for which, August Alliance assumes no responsibility for examining or evaluating the products and services offered by them. August Alliance do not warrant the offerings of, any of these businesses or individuals or the content of such third party website(s). August Alliance does not endorse, in any way, any third party website(s) or content thereof. August Alliance is not responsible for any form of transmission, whatsoever, received by you from any Linked Site. August Alliance is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by August Alliance or the Website of the Linked Sites or any association with its operators or owners including the legal heirs or assigns thereof. The users are requested to verify the accuracy of all information on their own before undertaking any reliance on such information.
Disclaimer Of Warranties/Limitation Of Liability:
August Alliance has endeavored to ensure that all the information on the Website is correct, but neither warrants nor makes any representations regarding the quality, accuracy or completeness of any data, information, product or Service. In no event shall August Alliance be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages or any other damages resulting from: (a) the use or the inability to use the Services;(b) unauthorized access to or alteration of the user's transmissions or data;(c) any other matter relating to the services; including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profits, arising out of or in any way connected with the use or performance of the Website or Service. Neither shall August Alliance be responsible for the delay or inability to use the Website or related services, the provision of or failure to provide Services, or for any information, software, products, services and related graphics obtained through the Website, or otherwise arising out of the use of the website, whether based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liability or otherwise. Further, August Alliance shall not be held responsible for non-availability of the Website during periodic maintenance operations or any unplanned suspension of access to the website that may occur due to technical reasons or for any reason beyond August Alliance’s control. The user understands and agrees that any material and/or data downloaded or otherwise obtained through the Website is done entirely at their own discretion and risk and they will be solely responsible for any damage to their computer systems or loss of data that results from the download of such material and/or data.
While availing any of the payment method/s available on the Website, we will not be responsible or assume any liability, whatsoever in respect of any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly to You due to:
- Lack of authorization for any transaction/s, or
- Exceeding the preset limit mutually agreed by You and between "Bank/s", or
- Any payment issues arising out of the transaction, or
- Decline of transaction for any other reason/s
All payments made against the purchases/services on Website by you shall be compulsorily in Indian Rupees acceptable in the Republic of India. Website will not facilitate transaction with respect to any other form of currency with respect to the purchases made on Website.
- Transactions, Transaction Price and all commercial terms such as Delivery, Dispatch of products and/or services are as per principal to principal bipartite contractual obligations between Buyer and Seller and payment facility is merely used by the Buyer and Seller to facilitate the completion of the Transaction.
- You have specifically authorized August Alliance or its service providers to collect, process, facilitate and remit payments and / or the Transaction Price electronically or through Cash on Delivery to and from other Users in respect of transactions through Payment Facility.
- You understand, accept and agree that the payment facility provided by August Alliance is neither a banking nor financial service but is merely a facilitator providing an electronic, automated online electronic payment, receiving payment through Cash On Delivery, collection and remittance facility for the Transactions on the August Alliance Website using the existing authorized banking infrastructure and third party payment gateway networks. Further, by providing Payment Facility, August Alliance is neither acting as trustees nor acting in a fiduciary capacity with respect to the Transaction or the Transaction Price.
- August Alliance reserves the right to impose limits on the number of Transactions or Transaction Price which August Alliance may receive from on an individual Valid Credit/Debit/ Cash Card / Valid Bank Account/ and such other infrastructure or any other financial instrument directly or indirectly through payment aggregator or through any such facility authorized by Reserve Bank of India to provide enabling support facility for collection and remittance of payment or by an individual Buyer during any time period, and reserves the right to refuse to process Transactions exceeding such limit.
- August Alliance reserves the right to refuse to process Transactions by Buyers with a prior history of questionable charges including without limitation breach of any agreements by Buyer with August Alliance or breach/violation of any law or any charges imposed by Issuing Bank or breach of any policy.
- August Alliance may do such checks as it deems fit before approving the receipt of/Buyers commitment to pay (for Cash On Delivery transactions) Transaction Price from the Buyer for security or other reasons at the discretion of August Alliance. As a result of such check if August Alliance is not satisfied with the creditability of the Buyer or genuineness of the Transaction / Transaction Price, it will have the right to reject the receipt of / Buyers commitment to pay Transaction Price.
- August Alliance may delay notifying the payment confirmation i.e. informing Seller to Dispatch, if August Alliance deems suspicious or for Buyers conducting high transaction volumes to ensure safety of the Transaction and Transaction Price.
Buyer’s arrangement with Issuing Bank:
- All Valid Credit / Debit/ Cash Card/ and other payment instruments are processed using a third party payment gateway or appropriate payment system infrastructure and the same will also be governed by the terms and conditions agreed to between the Buyer and the respective Issuing Bank and payment instrument issuing company.
- All Online Bank Transfers from Valid Bank Accounts are processed using the gateway provided by the respective Issuing Bank which support Payment Facility to provide these services to the Users. All such Online Bank Transfers on Payment Facility are also governed by the terms and conditions agreed to between Buyer and the respective Issuing Bank.
Prices for products are described on our Website and are incorporated into these Terms by reference. All prices are in Indian rupees. Prices, products and Services may change at August Alliance’s discretion.
Title and risk of loss for all products ordered by you shall pass on to you upon August Alliance’s shipment to the shipping carrier.
August Alliance will make a maximum of three attempts to deliver your order. In case the customer is not reachable or does not accept delivery of products in these attempts August Alliance August Alliance reserves the right to cancel the order(s) at its discretion.
An estimated delivery time is displayed on the Order Summary page. On placing your order, you will receive an email containing a summary of the order and also the estimated delivery time to your location.
Sometimes, delivery may take longer due to:
- bad weather
- flight delays
- political disruptions
- other unforeseen circumstances
In such cases, we will proactively reach out to you. Please check your emails and SMS regularly for such updates. Also, we will not be able to compensate for any mental agony caused due to delay in delivery. The customer can cancel the order at any moment of time even if the delivery time exceeds the expected delivery time. If it is a prepaid order, the customer will be refunded back in the account as soon as the order is successfully cancelled.
"The Buyer agrees that the title to the goods is transferred to the buyer at the time of placing the Order and dispatch confirmation thereof irrespective of Shipping of Goods and COD which are to be done in due course being a separate chargeable facilities"
Returns and Exchange conditions:
To be considered eligible for return, do let us know 5 days from receiving the order. An order must be postmarked to August Alliance within 15 days of its ship date. August Alliance will accept Return or Exchange only if the following conditions are met:
- The tags on the product should be intact.
- The product should be unwashed, unused and in an undamaged
- Product should not be altered or adjusted in any way.
- The item needs to be returned along with the original packaging.
Limitation on refund amount for courier charges
Wherever possible, August Alliance will make sure that the reverse pick up is done by its team. In rare cases, customers might have to bear the return shipping charges. The same will be applied to their next order or offered as a store credit in their account. You must return all items purchased as part of a promotion to receive a full refund. Kept items will be charged at full market value. Any package received at the August Alliance returns desk that does not meet the aforementioned requirements will be sent back to the client without refund.
Reverse Pickup Process:
August Alliance will not be liable for the products returned by mistake. In a scenario where a product not belonging to August Alliance is returned by mistake, August Alliance is not accountable for misplacement of the product and is not responsible for its delivery back to the customer.
Limitation on refund amount for courier charges
Please do collect the RVP slip/Written confirmation from the Courier company that the RVP has been done for a particular shipment/order.
RVP slip to be produced in case of discrepancy between customer and our logistics partner
In case of any discrepancy in the status of reverse pick up of a product, (where the customer claims the product has been returned, while our system suggests otherwise) refund will be initiated only if the customer successfully furnishes the RVP slip given at the time of the pick up.
In case of exchange request placed by the customer, the exchange will be done on special price of the item(s) not on MRP.
August Alliance may suspend or terminate your use of the Website or any Service if it believes, in its sole and absolute discretion that you have breached any of the Terms. If you or August Alliance terminates your use of the Website or any Service, August Alliance may delete any content or other materials relating to your use of the Service and August Alliance will have no liability to you or any third party for doing so. You shall be liable to pay for any Service or product that you have already ordered till the time of Termination by either party whatsoever. Further, you shall be entitled to your royalty payments as per the User License Agreement that has or is legally deemed accrued to you.
Jurisdictional Issues/Sale in India Only
Unless otherwise specified, the material on the Website is presented solely for the purpose of sale in India. August Alliance make no representation that materials in the Website are appropriate or available for use in other locations/Countries other than India. Those who choose to access this site from other locations/Countries other than India do so on their own initiative and August Alliance is not responsible for supply of products/refund for the products ordered from other locations/Countries other than India, compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
The headings and subheadings herein are included for convenience and identification only and are not intended to describe, interpret, define or limit the scope, extent or intent of the Terms or the right to use the Website by you contained herein or any other section or pages of the Website or any Linked Sites in any manner whatsoever.
If any provision of the Terms is determined to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, such invalidity or unenforceability shall attach only to such provision or part of such provision and the remaining part of such provision and all other provisions of these Terms shall continue to be in full force and effect.
If you come across any abuse or violation of these Terms, please report to email@example.com.
Limitation of Liability
Please send any questions or comments (including all inquiries unrelated to copyright infringement) regarding this Website to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In accordance with Information Technology Act 2000 and rules made there under, the name and contact details of the Grievance Officer are provided below:
Mr Vivek Malhotra
August Alliance Retail Private Limited
216, Ground Floor
New Delhi, India
Time: Mon – Fri (9:00 – 18:00)
Cancellation of Fraudulent/Loss to business Orders
To provide a safe and secure shopping experience, We along with our partners regularly monitor transactions for fraudulent activity. In the event of detecting any suspicious activity, August Alliance reserves the right to cancel all past, pending and future orders without any liability. August Alliance also reserves the right to refuse or cancel orders in scenarios like inaccuracies in pricing of product on website and stock unavailability. We may also require additional verifications or information before accepting any order. We will contact you if all or any portion of your order is cancelled or if additional information is required to accept your order. If your order is cancelled after your card has been charged, the said amount will be reversed to your Card Account. Any promotional voucher used for the cancelled orders may not be refunded.
The customer may be considered fraudulent if any of the following scenarios are met:
- Customer doesn't reply to the verification communication (email/phone call/ sms) by August Alliance.
- Misuse of another customer's phone/email.
- Customer uses invalid email and phone no.
- Overuse of a voucher code
- Use of a special voucher not tagged to the email ID used.
- Customer returns the wrong product.
- Customer refuses to pay for an order.
- Customer is involved in the snatch and run for any order.
The customer may be considered loss to business if any of the following scenarios are met:
- Customer with a very high return rate.
- Invalid/Incomplete address case.
- Repeated request for monetary compensation for petty issues.
Account for the customers falling in fraudulent or loss to business category may be blocked. Any gift credits earned through loyalty or referral program will be forfeited in such case.
Cancellation of Bulk Orders
August Alliance may cancel any orders that classify as 'Bulk Order' under certain criteria at any stage of the product delivery. An order can be classified as 'Bulk Order' if it meets with the below mentioned criteria, and any additional criteria as defined by August Alliance:
- Products ordered are not for self-consumption but for commercial resale.
- Multiple orders placed for same product at the same address, depending on the product category.
- Bulk quantity of the same product ordered.
- Invalid address given in order details.
- Any malpractice used to place the order.
Any promotional voucher used for placing the 'Bulk Order' may not be refunded.
Process for Pilferage Claim
We advise not to accept any damaged or open packets at the time of receiving a delivery under any circumstances and return the order. If a customer raises a complaint for partial item/partial order through Customer Care:
- The customer is supposed to claim for pilferage within 48 hours of delivery failing which the claim will not be entertained
- An Email will be sent seeking/providing following information:
- Short description of the case (A few questions will be asked to help us understand the scenario)
- The snapshots of the packet and other box(If any)(Try to cover the sides which look tampered/damaged as per the customer)
- The refund for prepaid orders will be done after investigation, which usually requires 3-4 business day. The process will include investigation with the concerned partners.
- The customer may not be liable for a refund if he/she falls in any of the scenarios stated below:
- fails to provide adequate information about the case
- fails to provide snapshots of the packet and box(if any)
- If an opened delivery was received, pilferage claims must be made the same day.
- Customer must not dispose the packaging for 3-4 days post delivery. We might need to pick-up your packaging for investigation at our end.
What we do about mispricings
Despite our best efforts, there may be a case where item(s) in our catalogue are mispriced. However, we verify prices as part of our dispatch procedures. If an item's correct price is lower than our stated price, we charge the lower amount and send you the item.If a product's correct price is higher than our stated price, we will cancel your order and notify you of that cancellation.
Product Review Guidelines
- Brisk and effective content: It is advisable that the content of the review is honest, simple, to-the-point and helpful in the interest of future buyers of the same product. Keep in mind that your review is based on your personal experience of your product choice, timing of the order and demographic contours. It is important that you set a clear and realistic picture in your review for other future buyers to follow suit.
- Content of the review: The review section in essence is limited to only issues with respect to the product like the quality, comfort level, colour, size etc. Please note that reviews written with irrelevant content referring to another product or company will not be published. Moreover, reviews in incomprehensible language, HTML content, promotional campaigns, abusive or defamatory language will not be published.
- Other reviews/queries: In case you want to give us a shout-out on our services like delivery, return, refund, promotional offers, discount coupons and so on, you can shoot us an email at email@example.com.
Terms For Promotions/Contests/Offers/Campaigns
General Terms for Offers and Promotions
- As per new RBI guidelines, customers would not be allowed to use the Credits/ Gift credits/ Cash vouchers from the website while placing an order from Our partners where the products are packed and shipped from partner location itself. However, there is no such restriction on usage of website campaign vouchers.
- Gift cards or Vouchers sold or distributed by August Alliance or by any of its partner for usage on www.theofficewalk.com, are issued directly to a customer only. August Alliance is not liable for any misuse, loss or damage of any voucher or gift card.
- Discounts will be applied to the total merchandise value including VAT and applicable taxes. Issuance or redemption of a voucher or coupon will apply to the total value of the qualifying order once all promotional discounts have been applied.
- Only one credit note/gift voucher/voucher can be used per order unless otherwise stated.
- Discount vouchers - Discount vouchers may from time to time be offered to account holders. Such vouchers may only be applied to purchases made through the account to which the discount voucher was offered and registered. If you need a refund, this will be made in the same way as the original payment method (such as onto a gift voucher, debit/credit card account, a combination of the two and in case of COD, a Bank Transfer).
- Promotional discount vouchers - We may from time to time offer promotional discount vouchers which may apply in respect of any, or certain specified, purchases made though this Website. These promotional discount vouchers, however won't be re-issued for unsuccessful orders. To avail best discount, you can use any current running offers on the website.
- August Alliance shall introduce various offers, schemes or contest at different times. The terms and conditions for such Contest shall be separately available on the Site. In the event of any conflict between these T&C and the terms and conditions pertaining to any Contest, such terms and conditions shall prevail.
- August Alliance reserves the right to change/modify/add/delete any of the terms and conditions prevailing on the different promotional schemes it introduces in market from time to time. August Alliance, at its discretion, can withdraw a particular scheme from the website or market.
- In case of any query pertaining to use of voucher and/or credit note or regarding the schemes, please email customer care at firstname.lastname@example.org
- While participating in any August Alliance contest you hereby agree to release and hold August Alliance (and its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, joint ventures, and employees) harmless from any claim or demand, but not limited to reasonable attorneys' fees, or arising out of or related to your participation in the said Contest.
- August Alliance reserves the right to cancel any orders placed using promotional vouchers. Some situations where your order may be cancelled include, without limitation, misuse of any promotional vouchers, unauthorized usage of vouchers or inaccuracies of voucher pricing, technical glitch and value thresholds. The voucher amount will not be refunded for such cases.
- Suitable legal action will be taken against websites involved in unauthorized publication of August Alliance vouchers. August Alliance will only honor vouchers which are issued or published directly by us or our partner websites.
- Please note:
- The voucher to avail 10% off on purchase above Rs. 999, can be availed only once, for a maximum discount value of Rs. 50.
- The voucher to avail 20% off on purchase above Rs. 1999, can be availed only once, for a maximum discount value of Rs. 1000
- The vouchers are valid across all categories except accessories.
- Vouchers can only be used to buy full priced (non-discounted) products.
- Vouchers can not be clubbed with any other offer.
- For a single transaction, only one voucher can be used.
- Vouchers is valid for 10 days from registration.
Terms & Conditions for End of Season Sale (EOSS)
- The End of Season Sale runs till stock lasts. Sale up to 30% off does not imply that all products are on 30% discount. The number of products will change as and when stock level decrease. This End of Season SALE is only applicable in India, and is in ‘Life Style and Fashion domain’.
- Sign up vouchers cannot be used against sale/discounted items. For more details read registration voucher rules.
- Sale/discounts apply to selected items only.
- Due to technical issues, typographical errors or information received, prices of the products shown on the Website may vary during the order process. If you come across any errors in pricing or billing, we request you to contact us within 24 hours of receiving your order so that we may provide a remedy for the same.
- Promotional offers and discounts may be combined only at the discretion of August Alliance.
- All offers are non-transferable and have no cash value.
- August Alliance reserves the right to extend or terminate the offers/sale, without further information at any point of time.
- August Alliance reserves the right, at any time, to amend/add/remove/modify (in whole or part) any of the terms & conditions of this sale, or to replace, wholly or in part, this promotion by another promotion, whether similar to this promotion or not, or to withdraw it altogether, and August Alliance’s decision in this regard shall be final and requires no intimation to the customer of any sort.
- All refund will be in the form of vouchers only.
- In case of any further query pertaining to use of voucher and/or credit note or regarding the sale/offers, please email customer care at email@example.com.
Disclaimer: It is the customer's responsibility to login earlier if they want to avail better products or styles because August Alliance sales are "first come, first served". The merchandise is not restocked once sold out. No information regarding the presence of any Product in our stock will be guaranteed and we will alert you only when an item is sold out.
Terms for The Office WalkTM Rewards
- In order to receive referral points, friends referred by members must be new to www.theofficewalk.com and not already registered with the Website .
- Members will be eligible to get referral points only if the referred friend clicks the invitation email or member’s personalized link to place an order from www.theofficewalk.com.
- If a referred friend’s order is not completed (due to non-payment, cancellation, non delivery, return), the user will not be eligible for the referral points received against this order.
- A member can send maximum 200 referral invites at once and upto 5000 referral invites in his lifetime.
- If a member initiates a return request for a part or whole of his order, reward points corresponding to the amount will be immediately reversed. Incase, member's return request is rejected, the points will not be credited back into his account.
- Any fraud or abuse concerning the Program is subject to strict administrative and / or legal action by the August Alliance, including but not limited to termination of membership. A fraud encompasses:
- If a member is found referring himself using multiple IDs / phone numbers.
- If a member is found placing large orders, earning and redeeming points and then returning a major part of the order.
- If a member is found making multiple successful referrals and redeeming his referral points and then a majority of your referrals return the order.
- Any other attempt to take unfair advantage of the Rewards Program.
- Any reward points obtained through Referral or Loyalty programs will be cancelled in the event of the customer's account being blocked by August Alliance.
- Earned points cannot be exchanged for cash.
- The Company reserves the rights to terminate the Program at any time and / or change, modify, withdraw or extend the Program and/or Terms and Conditions or replace it wholly or partially by another program, without any prior notice and/or correspondence in this regard. Members will be deemed to have accepted such changes by continuing to be the part of Theofficewalk Rewards program.
- Gifts redeemed from the rewards catalog are non returnable and non exchangeable.
- Participation in the Rewards program requires you to submit personal information about you and your friends (name and email address). Members agree to receive message updates from us with regard to their participation in the Rewards program and to allow us to communicate with their referrals regarding their participation (like by informing member’s friends that an invite was sent by him).